Dell’s 1710n Laser Printer allows you to set a static IP address, not unlike most other networkable printers. When significant changes such as changing the IP address class, or just modifying the subnet or gateway location of a network you will have to perform a factory reset on your Dell 1710n laser printer to be able to set up the printer with the new network settings.
- Turn your printer off using the primary power switch on the back of the printer.
- Open the front cover by pushing the large round button on the left side of the printer.
- Hold down the “Continue” and “Cancel” buttons while you turn the power back on.
- Continue holding both buttons until the “Error LED” light on the control panel is solid.
- Close the front cover
- Release the “Continue” and “Cancel” buttons.